- Associate Professor, Technology & Information Management
- Technology & Information Management
- Dr. Zhang is an associate Professor in School of Engineering, University of California Santa Cruz. Her research interests include large scale information retrieval, recommendation systems, internet advertising, data mining, natural language processing, and applied machine learning. She has published chapters, journal articles, and papers at top conferences in these areas, such ACM SIGIR, WWW, CIKM, IEEE ICDM, ICML, COLINGS, HLT. She received NSF Faculty Early Career Award in 2010, an Air Force Research Young Investigator Award in 2008, the Best Paper Award at ACM SIGIR in 2002, and several other awards. Her Information Retrieval and Knowledge Management Lab is doing research sponsored by several government agencies and companies (Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, NEC, Bosch, Nokia etc.). She has served as a consultant or technical advisor for companies. She regularly serves on the program committees of the very best conferences in her research areas. She has served as area chair or senior PC member at ACM SIGIR, EMNLP, and ACM Recommender Systems. She has served as conference co-chair in charge of Information Retrieval area at the ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, and tutorial chair for ACM SIGIR. She is serving as an associate editor for ACM Transaction on Information Systems. Dr. Zhang received her Ph.D. from School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University, specializing in Language and Information Technologies.
- Information retrieval, recommendation systems, data science, data mining, natural language processing, applied machine learning and computational economics
- Ph.D, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.S., School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- B.S., Computer Science and Technologies, Tsinghua University
Are you Yi Zhang? If so, you can update your directory information.