- Professor, Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Baskin Engineering, Room 353A
- Friday 11-12, Tuesday 3-4
- Pascale Garaud completed her PhD in Astrophysics at the Institute of Astronomy at the University of Cambridge, UK, in 2001. She then became a fellow of New Hall (now Murray-Edwards College) and a PPARC fellow, and continued her post-doctoral research jointly at the Institute of Astronomy and the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics of Cambridge.
She joined the AMS faculty at UCSC in July 2004, and continues her research on various aspects of fluid dynamics applied to astrophysics and geophysics. She was the recipient of an NSF CAREER award in 2009, and is the founding director of the International Summer Institute for Modeling in Astrophysics (ISIMA).
- Astrophysical and geophysical fluid dynamics, magnetohydrodynamics; analytical and numerical solutions of partial differential equations related to these phenomena
Are you Pascale Garaud? If so, you can update your directory information.