- Chair, Electrical Engineering
- Professor, Electrical Engineering
- Baskin Engineering, Room 249
- Joel Kubby is the Department Chair of Electrical Engineering in the Baskin School of Engineering at the University of California at Santa Cruz. His research is in the area of Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) with applications in Optics, Fluidics and Bio-MEMS. Prior to joining the University of California at Santa Cruz in 2005, he was an Area Manager with the Wilson Center for Research and Technology and a Member of Technical Staff in the Webster Research Center in Rochester New York (1987-2005). Prior to Xerox he was at the Bell Telephone Laboratories in Murray Hill New Jersey working in the area of Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM). He is the co-chair of the SPIE Silicon Photonics conference and the MEMS Adaptive Optics conference.
- Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS), adaptive optics (AO), optical-MEMS, bio-MEMS, bio-imaging, AO microscopy, AO astronomy
- Ph.D. in Applied Physics, 1985, Cornell University
- B.A. Physics, 1980, UC Berkeley
Are you Joel Kubby? If so, you can update your directory information.