- Professor, Computer Science
- Tu-Th 12-1:30, and by appointment (for Spring '15)
- Dr. David Helmbold's current research centers around machine learning and computational learning theory. In addition, to theoretical work, he has applied learning algorithms to practical problems such as determining when to spin down a disk drive in a portable computer to save power.
- Theoretical machine learning, with an emphasis on boosting methods and on-line learning algorithms
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 1987, Stanford University
Are you David Helmbold? If so, you can update your directory information.