- Research Professor, Biomolecular Engineering
- Physical Sciences Bldg, Room 405B
- Prof. Deamer's primary research interest concerns DNA transport through nanoscopic pores in membranes. This work focuses on developing an instrument that can analyze nucleic acids as individual molecules. Prof. Deamer also uses nanopore analysis in his second research interest, which concerns the process by which nucleic acids first emerged on the early Earth prior to the origin of cellular life. Results from these investigations are described in two recently published books: Origins of Life (2010) with Jack Szostak as co-editor, Cold spring Harbor Press and First Life (2011), University of California Press.
- Membrane biophysics
- Nanopore analysis of biopolymers
- DNA sequencing
- Biomolecular self-assembly
- Ph.D. Physiological Chemistry, Ohio State Univ.
Are you David Deamer? If so, you can update your directory information.