Friday, April 1, 2011
During the month of April, an exhibit in the Science and Engineering Library will recognize UCSC faculty who have attained tenure or received promotion and showcase the books that have influenced them. The Honored Faculty, Honored Books Exhibit will be on display in the main lobby of the Science and Engineering Library from April 7 through May 6. The event is sponsored by the University Library, the Division of Physical and Biological Sciences, and the Baskin School of Engineering.
In celebration of their achievements, honored faculty were asked to select a book that is personally and professionally meaningful to them--a book that has influenced their career. Each book will be added to the University Library collection and inscribed with a personalized bookplate in honor of the scholar. This year the Division of Physical and Biological Sciences will honor seven faculty and the Baskin School of Engineering will honor six faculty.
Honorees from the Division Physical and Biological Sciences
- Associate Professor Enrico Ramirez-Ruiz - Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Associate Professor Melissa Jurica - Molecular, Cell & Developmental Biology
- Associate Professor Chad Saltikov - Microbiology & Environmental Toxicology
- Professor Shaowei Chen - Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Professor Hirotaka Tamanoi - Mathematics
- Professor David Feldheim - Molecular, Cell & Developmental Biology
- Professor Rohinton Kamakaka - Molecular, Cell & Developmental Biology
Honorees from the Jack Baskin School of Engineering
- Associate Professor William Dunbar - Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor Pascale Garaud - Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Associate Professor John Musacchio - Technology and Information Management
- Professor Kenneth Pedrotti - Electrical Engineering
- Professor Hamid Sadjadpour - Electrical Engineering
- Associate Professor Noah Wardrip-Fruin - Computer Science
In celebration of this occasion, the Science & Engineering Library has developed a commemorative website.