- Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and Campus Diversity Officer for Faculty
- Professor, Applied Mathematics & Statistics
Baskin School of Engineering
1156 High St
Mail Stop SOE2
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Phone Number: 831-459-1655
Department: Applied Mathematics & Statistics
Office Location: Baskin Engineering, Room 353C
Office Hours: by appointment
- Ph.D. in Statistics, 1998, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.S. in Statistics, 1994, Carnegie Mellon University
- B.S. in Mathematics, 1993, Yale University
Bayesian statistics, computer simulation experiments, spatial statistics, optimization, inverse problems, nonparametric regression, classification and clustering
- Taddy, Lee, Gray, and Griffin (2009). Bayesian Guided Pattern Search for Robust Local Optimization, Technometrics, 51, 389-401.
- Gramacy and Lee (2008). Bayesian Treed Gaussian Process Models with an Application to Computer Modeling, JASA, 103, 1119-1130.
- Lee (2007). Chocolate Chip Cookies as a Teaching Aid, The American Statistician, 61, 351-355.
- Lee and Ferreira (2007). Multiscale Modeling: A Bayesian Perspective. New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Lee (2004). Bayesian Nonparametrics via Neural Networks. Philadelphia: Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
Students & Researchers
Are you Herbert Lee? If so, you can update the information on this page.