- Professor, Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Baskin Engineering, Room 357A
- Brummell did his undergraduate studies at Imperial College at
the University of London (UK)
in Mathematics and received his B.Sc. there with first class
He was accepted to do a Ph.D. in the Department of Applied Mathematics
at the same university, under the supervision of Dr.~D.R.~Moore.
In 1988, Brummell received his Ph.D. for work on mathematical and numerical models
of convection. In November 1988, Brummell moved to JILA and the Astrophysical and
Planetary Science Department of the
University of Colorado, where he worked on research problems in astrophysical
and geophysical fluid dynamics, and taught mathematical and numerical methods,
fluid dynamics and astrophysics. In late 2006, Brummell accepted a job in the formative
Applied Mathematics Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz, as
an Associate Professor. Brummell was promoted to Full Professor in July 2009.
- Fluid dynamics; magnetohydrodynamics, numerical simulations of geophysical and astrophysical dynamics, especially solar interior physics, supercomputing.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics. Imperial College, London, UK, 1988
Are you Nicholas Brummell? If so, you can update your directory information.