- Data Analytics: Machine Learning, Informational Retrieval (Search), Data, Text, Image and Video Mining, Social Networks and Recommender Systems.
- Business Analytics: Business and Management of Technology: Intelligent Services and Knowledge Management,IT, Product Design, Delivery and Portfolios, Financial Engineering and Management, Process Learning, Supply Chain Management, Automation.
2. C. Wang, R. Akella, S. Ramachandran, Knowledge Extraction and Reuse within “Smart” Service Centers, SRII (Proceedings of the 1st Global SRII Conference of the Services Research and Innovation Institute) 2011, pp., March 29-April 2, 2011, San Jose, CA.; also CIKM 2010 - Hierarchical Service Analytics for Improving Productivity in an Enterprise Service Center
4. Z. Xu, R. Akella, Improving Probabilistic Information Retrieval by Modeling Burstiness of Words, Information Processing and Management, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 143-158, March 2010.
8. Z. Xu, R. Akella, A Bayesian Logistic Regression Model for Active Relevance Feedback, SIGIR (ACM Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval Conference) 2008, July 20-24, July 2008, Singapore.
7. Z. Xu, R. Akella, Active Relevance Feedback for Difficult Queries, CIKM (Proceedings of the 17th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management) 2008, pp. 459-468, 2008, October 26-30, 2008, Napa Valley, California.
1. J. Barajas, R. Akella, M. Holtan, J. Kwon, B. Null, Measuring the Effectiveness of Display Advertising: A Time Series Approach, WWW2011 (Proceedings of the 20th International World Wide Web Conference) 2011, pp. March 28-April 1, 2011, Hyderabad, India.