The Jack Baskin School of Engineering Dean's Advisory Council (DAC) is dedicated to supporting the Baskin School as it strives towards excellence and continuous improvement in its programs and initiatives. The primary role of the DAC is to assist the Baskin School in developing strategic relationships with the engineering, technology, and business community within the greater Silicon Valley, nationally and internationally which will garner the support necessary to ensure the Baskin School can reach its academic goals. Additionally, the DAC will provide the Dean of the Baskin School with advice, ideas, and resources regarding a variety of issues facing the School. These issues include mission review, accreditation, strategic planning, development and fundraising, curriculum and faculty development, student recruitment and placement, new initiatives, and the environment affecting engineering education today.
The mission of the Jack Baskin School of Engineering (SoE) Dean's Advisory Council (DAC) is to provide leadership in making positive change at the Baskin School. In order to achieve this mission, DAC will:
- Assist the Baskin School of Engineering in defining and attaining its goals and strategic plans.
- Provide consultation to the Dean, administration, and faculty serving as advocates for student needs and opinions.
- Support an environment in which engineering students are provided the opportunity to pursue their academic interests and career goals.
- Provide our members with leadership experience and opportunities to improve the Engineering community.
- Ms. Laura Bushnell, Partner, King and Spalding LLC; Redwood Shores, CA. Member since 2007.
- Ms. Bev Crair, Intel, Phoenix, AZ
- Mr. Theodore C. Goldstein (DAC Chair), Former Vice President of Development Technologies for Apple Computer;Los Altos, CA. Currently a full-time grad student at UCSC in Biomolecular Engineering. Member since 2005.
- Mr. Mark Hayes, Mercer Island, WA. Member since 2005.
- Dr. Paul Hofmann, Member since 2011.
- Dr. Waguih Ishak, Division Vice President, Corning Incorporated; Santa Clara, CA. Member since 2005.
- Dr. Narinder Kapany, Founder of K2 Optronics (retired); Palo Alto, CA. Member since 2002.
- Dr. Franklin Kuo, Vice President and founder (retired), General Wireless Communications Corp; Portola Valley, CA. Member since 2002.
- Mr. Dennis Monticelli, Chief Technologist, National Semiconductor; Santa Clara, CA. Member since 2007.
- Mr. Sandor Schoichet, Director, Meridian Management Consults. Member since 2010.
- Mr. Chester Wang, General Partner and Founder of Acorn Campus; Cupertino, CA. Member since 2005.
- Ms. Lynn Wilcox, FX Palo Alto
- Dr. Robin Williams, Associate Lab Director (Retired), IBM Almaden Research Center; San Jose, CA. Member since 2006.
- Dr. Alfred Cho, Adjunct Semiconductor Research Vice President, Bell Labs, Lucent Technology; Murray Hill, NJ. Member 2002-2007.
- Dr. William Davidow, Founding Partner, Mohr Davidow Ventures; Menlo Park.
- Dr. Paul Davis, Board Member, Nubron Inc.; Prattville, AL. Member 2004-2008.
- Dr. Masao Kato, Chairman Emeritus for FX Palo Alto Labs Inc.; Palo Alto, CA. Member 2004-2007.
- Dr. James G. Bellingham, Principal Analyst, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Dr. Alfred Cho, Research Vicepresident, Bell Labs
- Dr. Paul Davis, Senior Advisor, Nubron, Inc, Protostar Ltd., Auburn University
- Mr. Papken Der Torossian, Chairman of the Board, ThermaWave
- Dr. Kay Gilles
- Mr. Mir Imran, President/CEO, In-Cube
- Dr. Masao Kato, FX Palo Alto
- Mr. Krishna "Kittu" Kolluri, General Partner, New Enterprise Associates
- Dr. David Kulp, Assistant Professor, UMass, Amherst
- Dr. Suhas Patil, Founder & CEO of Digité, Inc.; Mountain View, CA. Member since 2002
- Ms. Tonée Picard, Vice President of Marketing, Bay Federal Credit Union; Capitola, CA. Member since 2005.
- Dr. Patricia Selinger, Retired, IBM
- Mr. Lee Ting
- Dr. Hylan B. Lyon Jr., President and COO, Gamma Design; Dallas, TX. Member since 2004. (Deceased 2010)
- Dr. Dennis Polla, Program Manager, DARPA; Roseville, MN. Member since 2002.
- Mr. Rob Carnes, Director, Internal R&D Programs, Battelle. Member since 2009. Retired 2012.